I found out at church that they were showing the Nutcracker Ballet at the temple and I was soo excited to bring Ty to it. My husband wasn't as excited as I was so I decided to invite my mother in law and her mom. It was such a treat! Surprisingly, Ty did AMAZING! However, I felt bad for people sitting around us because he would constantly ask my mother in law, "What is happening? What is next? Who is that?" It was hilarious.
Ohhh, and she got him a little Nutcracker ( because he broke mine) so he could hold it when we were watching the ballet. He loved seeing the Nutcracker part but as soon as he turned into the Nutcracker prince he flipped out. He wanted to know what happened and why he turned into the "boy" so my mother in law explained and he goes, "nutcracker not real?" and kicks his nutcracker. Not too worry, the Nutcracker is still very important to him and that has been forgotten.
Now onto how we lost Blankie... again! After the ballet we walked around the temple grounds and looked at the beautiful Christmas lights. Then we walked to the car and got some hot chocolate on the way home. When we got home, we got him ready for bed and that's when the dreaded question was asked," Where is blankie?" I looked all around and couldn't find it anywhere. My mother in law took us so I assumed I left it in her car. No worries, we would see her the next day and I could get it then. We told Ty, Blankie was fine and with grandma. I called Maria and she said it wasn't in her car. My heart dropped. She thought that they had left it on the couch in the foyer. I had just about the worst feeling that whole night so I laid in bed with him and just held him. He woke up at about 3 am screaming for his blanket. I tried to soothe him but he was just so upset. As soon as we woke up I called the temple and asked if anyone had returned a blanket. I was soo excited when she said yes until I heard, " It's a soft blue blanket with stars." She then said nothing else was turned in and to call later.
I'm extremely impatient so I put Ty in the car and we were headed to the temple. When I was driving Ty tells me that if we don't find it he will scream and cry... a lot. Lovely. Now, if only for my sanity we better find this dang blanket. We drove around and there was no luck. Earlier, Maria told me that the blanket was in the pictures when we were looking at Christmas lights so it wouldn't be in the foyer but around the lights area. I drove around the parking area and kept saying a quick prayer when right in the middle of two cars there it was all wrapped up in a bush. I was so excited! Like it could not have been put in a better spot! Had it been in front of a car, I probably would not have seen it.
I now have one happy little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment