Saturday, April 7, 2012

Gabriella's Nursery

** To read up on all the steps we took prior to the finished project start here **
Painting
We have been looking for a rug for such a long time! I was fortunate to find this one at Target and luckily we had gift cards :)

PAINT COLORS:
Aqua Spray by Behr
Hidden Meadow by Behr
Her closet!!! I wanted to paint the inside of the closet a different color but we had already put the shelving in before I decided that. Maybe when she's older. I love how organized and huge it is! The top left is for shirts, bottom left is bottoms, top right is skirts and dresses and bottom right are clothes she doesn't fit in yet.
Here is her BRAND new FREE crib :) and the bedding. We were going to use Ty's old crib but it was recalled so we got a $280 giftcard to Target and bought this one! We opted to not buy the complete bedding set because I didn't need a diaper stacker, bumpers or comforter and didn't need all the extra fluff. Saved a ton of money that way!
Those heart shaped wreaths were made by my mother in law. She made one of them for my shower and I loved it so much we wanted to use it in the nursery! Her name or a saying will go in the middle of the wreaths right above the crib
I am in love with the shadow boxes. We got all of them for 11 bucks at Ross. The larger one will be for all of her hospital stuff. Then we have an ultrasound picture. Eventually I'll add a picture of Ty and Ella together and a picture of both of their handprints.
BEFOREWe got this lovely gem for free :)

AFTER
This project was super fun and CHEAP! I made those boxes out of cardboard boxes and fabric. The sides are sprayed with white spray paint. We were trying to find a specific size for the opening and we couldn't find anything! Or ones we did find were like $15 a basket. Ummm, sorry... we were not about to spend $45 bucks on three baskets. We got the dresser for free and sanded, primed and painted it white. We got the beautiful matching knobs as a gift.

This was a mirror my mom gave to Tyler and I after we got married to decorate our first apartment. I wanted to add that to the room so we spray painted it white and added the cute butterflies to it!
Got the shelf from Target. The "cupcakes" were made from receiving blankets and onesies. They were baby shower decorations from my talented sister in law, Kristi and I just loved them so we added them to her nursery. My mom bought this book and had everyone who came to my shower sign it and leave messages for Ella. It was a wonderful idea and something Ella will be able to treasure forever!

It is finally done!!!! We were very fortunate to reuse a bunch of things we already had which cut the costs down a lot! We also received a TON of handmade items from our wonderful family. It was nice to use gifts that our family members made especially for her. We also received a ton as gifts or through giftcards! Well, we are technically missing the decal but besides that everything else is done! All we need is our little Ella :)

4 comments:

  1. What is the paint brand and colors you used for the walls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the colors were:
      Aqua Spray by Behr
      Hidden Meadow by Behr
      Both can be bought at Home Depot! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete