We have this gorgeous, large backyard with not too much in it. We have so many ideas of what we eventually want but unfortunately, all of that costs lots of money! We decided we wanted to add a cute patio set first and then we will work our way out. Of course, all of the sets I like are super expensive so I scaled that idea down to checking out craigslist. While searching, I looked through the free section of craigslist and found a really cute patio swing. I emailed as soon as I found it which was lucky for me because the poster had just posted it 30 minutes prior. I received a instant response saying it was available and I could pick it up now as long as I had someone to help me. It was in a neighboring town and the house was 10 minutes from us and I was hoping Tyler would get off early. I had emailed the poster back saying my husband would be off in a few hours and we could get it then. He responded saying he couldn't hold it and it was first come first serve.
I was bummed because Tyler wouldn't be off till after 5 and started dinner and forgot about it. Tyler got off at 5:15 and I emailed the guy and he said it was still available and I could come get it! I was soo excited so we packed the car up and drove to go get it. It wasn't in the best shape. The seat was torn and the canopy was majorly weathered. But I took it cause it was FREE and I would have a project for the next day. So we packed it up and set it up that night. I was so proud of our new free addition we got for our backyard. I was able to sew the seat so it looks good as new. I sprayed with air freshener, sanitized, and vacuumed the seat which got dirty 2.5 seconds after I cleaned it when Ty climbed on it. But, I am so proud of it and have plans to eventually change out the seat cushion and use different fabric.
(The left side was already pinned when I took the picture. Sorry, I wasn't going to unpin it. Just imagine the rip covered the entire bottom part)
AFTER
(Ty LOVES it)

ahhh too cute. looks fun and comfy.
ReplyDeleteYOu can sow too? you are such a suzie homemaker!! love it!
ReplyDelete