Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New happenings with our house

My in-laws have an amazing garden. Their passion for their garden is so amazing and definitely contagious! We decided we wanted to emulate them and start our own garden, which I have previously blogged about. We decided we wanted to put our garden on the side yard because it gets the best sun and probably the in need of the most attention. The side consists of dead grass, ugly trees, and basically a bunch of junk. So, we decided to clear that out and (eventually) put 3 raised garden beds. I have been looking through craiglist for wine barrels that we could buy and put our fruits,vegetables, and herbs in them. My in-laws have wine barrels and they hold a large amount and look VERY nice. However, when price checking them they would cost a lot more than we could afford.



So we decided to check out Lowe's for ideas on different ways we could make affordable raised beds. We found all the materials we needed and everything was less than $15 dollars! I think it turned out really cute and we want to eventually make 2 more!




I have also been looking for a new desk. Craigslist once again hooked me up. I guess, it's not really craigslist I should thank but all of the wonderful people who donate things to young families like us :) We were able to score this wonderful desk which is exactly what I have been looking for. As a look around at our furniture I swear everything we have is second half. Our couch, dining table, patio swing, patio chairs and table,desk(now),our old desk, guest bed (my old bed), Ty's bed, dressers, lamps. I love it. :) One day, we will be able to buy our stuff brand new, but for now, owning our own house and being able to live off one income is worth getting second hand stuff :)







**************************************************************************



And our family wanted to wish our Scot a very Happy Birthday :) Scot, you are the very best father in law, step father, and gampa we could ask for. We love you and appreciate all you do for our family. You always have a smile on your face and your happiness is infectious! Thanks for being an amazing guy and we hope you had an amazing day!! Love you so much!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment