My darling husband was trying to do me a wonderful favor and take Ty to church since he had some things to do there. It was after 8pm and I offered to put him to sleep so he could do his church stuff but he objected since I had had a rough day with Ty. So I was pleased to do some cleaning and fold laundry. I got a few things done when all of a sudden I get... the call.
"Ty fell and we have to take him to the ER"
My sweet husband is quite the worrier. So I assumed he was just being his normal cautious self and didn't think it was a big deal. A couple years ago, Ty fell against the dresser and we went to my MIL's and she said it didn't need stitches. Well, we aren't that close to just drop by anymore so we headed to the ER in town. There were about 50 people in there. It was ridiculously packed and I was not in the mood to wait. So we try to find an urgent care and of course, they are closed. We go to another hospital in the next town over, literally 10 min away and there are only 2 people waiting. As I start to look at it in the light I realize it definitely needed stitches! Ugh!! All I could think about was the pain. The nurses and doctors were AWESOME!! I am soo excited we will be delivering our next baby there (No, I'm not pregnant!)
Ty needed five stitches and did pretty well until the 3rd or 4th stitch, i forgot. He accidentally moved his head forward and the needle went into his lip. Then he bawled. And of course, I start bawling. I was holding his arms down and he was screaming and asking why. Oh.my.gosh. WORST THING for a mommy.
He is doing great now and loves to show everyone his stitches :) He is such a brave little boy!
Oh my gosh that makes me want to cry!!
ReplyDelete