Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 1 of pulling weeds








That lovely pictures above shows a portion of our backyard covered in WEEDS and/or CRABGRASS. Seriously, there is noooo grass in there. It's awful. It drives us insane. We have been in our first home since October and we have done absolutely nothing about it. Well, until now! I have decided this will be my next project. I have finally finished painting all the rooms, re doing bathrooms, kitchens, basically all I can do without major remodeling. Soooo, I am pulling all the weeds and then put seed down. We originally wanted to lay sod but our lot is over 11,000 sq ft and it is going to be quite pricey so we figure we will try the seed route and if it doesn't work out we will do sod next year!

So today was my first day pulling weeds. It was not as bad as I thought. It is starting to look soo much better. It's dirt none the less, but a lot better than the other crap!





The other half will be next Tuesday!





It took about an hour or two. Of course, that included water breaks, switching songs on Pandora, telling water not to chuck the weeds in our neighbors yard, not to throw dirt on me, potty breaks , and NOT to throw the weeds around the yard. This pile looks really small :-/







It was a lot! Seriously!





BTW, this was KILLER exercise. Probably didn't help that it was over 90 degrees but hey, the price you pay to live in Cali!

No comments:

Post a Comment