I'm sure I will be saying this every week but 35 weeks pregnant sounds a little scary! This pregnancy has gone by so fast!! I can't believe in 5 weeks (or less) we will be seeing our little girl! So many things have changed within the past two weeks. First off, we decided on a name....
Gabriella Marie and Ella for short.
Her name has been a toss up for some time. However, Tyler has stood by this name and finally after testing out the name with our last name it clicked and was perfect. We picked Marie because we wanted to represent our mother's, who are very important to us. My mother in law's name is Maria and my mom's middle name is Maria (my grandma's name is Maria as well). However, Tyler and I didn't like the sound of Gabriella Maria. So we changed it to Marie.
Now, that the name was finally picked we have been able to work on her nursery. Hopefully in a few days we should be able to post lots of pictures of her nursery!
We had our hospital tour last week and it was such a great experience. The hospital is GORGEOUS! It was just remodeled and the rooms are beautiful! I was so pleased with where we will be bringing Gabriella into this world. Ty was very good throughout the tour and loved seeing all of the rooms and talk about the baby. It was nice because they were very attentive towards him and made sure he was interested throughout the whole tour. Although, he was a little bummed that she wasn't coming right there. I guess we got his hopes up a little lol
The diaper bag is fully packed! It has been 4 years since I have had a newborn so I completely forgot everything that needs to go inside. Ty is so easy now and all I bring are snacks for him and we are set. So because I couldnt remember what to put in one I had to go on multiple websites to make sure we had everything and look up different tips.
I wanted to make sure we have everything done by the 2nd of April. Sounds a little ridiculous to get everything done so early but Ty was early and we were not prepared at all. We didn't even have the car seat in the car or ready at all for him to come. Luckily, I am not nearly as busy as I was with him so I am very fortunate to get all of this done early. Just in case, Ella decides to make her arrival early! So now that I am 35 weeks, I thought it would be acceptable to install the car seat base. Then, I wanted to make sure the car seat fit in well (it does) and it looks so cute :) While putting the car seat in, the canopy part was completely covering the car seat and Ty said, "Mommy, you need to lift it up. She can't see me. She wants to see me cause she loves me." It was sooo cute! This little boy is so excited for his little sister.
Now, the stuff we need to do. I need to pack my hospital bag, pack Tyler's hospital bag (which is just some toiletries, snacks and cash) and Ty's overnight bag. Most likely, when I go into labor we will be dropping him off at my parents since they live so close so we want to make sure he has all of the essentials! Luckily, we live so close to the hospital so if we forget anything it won't be too difficult to go home and get it. And basically that's it. Hopefully... lol
No comments:
Post a Comment