Thursday, March 17, 2011

Introducing our "vicious" dog....

We adopted Bella, July 31st and I just realized I never wrote a blog about her. She was a spur of the moment purchase and someone who had quickly become acclimated to our family. My husband LOVES her. My son LOVES HER. However, I have needed tons of convincing. I was never a dog person, I'll admit that. Nonetheless, she has become a permanent member of our family and frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way.



We got some flack from people, who apparently like to talk behind our backs about this adoption. Bella is a Pit Bull and German Shepherd mix, which sets off red flags that we have adopted a killer dog. Apparently, we are "irresponsible parents" for bringing in a dog who causes harm to children on a daily basis.



Do pit bulls have a bad rap? Yes, I know that. However, any dog can attack not just one breed. Heck, the first and only time my son got bit by a dog it was by a family members small terrier. Our dear Bella, has never inflicted any type of pain on anyone and she probably is the sweetest, most well-mannered dog I have ever met.



Anyways, word of advice if you are going to talk crap about our decision make sure it doesn't make its way back to us :) Or why don't you have the guts to tell us personally?



Ohh, that's right you don't :)





Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Bella :)


They have SO much fun together :)





1 comment:

  1. oohhh that makes me so mad! people need to mind their own business! our lab is seriously the sweetest dog ever! i would be so mad if someone said that. get a life!

    ReplyDelete