Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Surprise trip for Ty!

Tyler and I were watching TV after the kiddos went to bed and we saw a commercial for the Sacramento River Cats Baseball team. They were advertising different events they were having and one was a Star Wars night. I quickly ran to the computer to check out dates and prices. Lawn seats were only $9.00 which was perfect because little Gabriella wouldn't like to be restrained in the seats. We were going to tell Tyler but we thought surprising him would be so much fun. 

The morning of the game, I could hardly contain my excitement. We got some snacks together, put his coolest Star Wars shirt on and got ready to go. The first 2,000 kids were able to get a light saber and being the crazy mom I am, I made sure we would be one of the first 2,000. We got there super early and waited an hour in line before they let us in. Ty and Gabriella were the 6th and 7th kid in line to get one :)

When we got to the stadium he looked around and was puzzled. I could tell he was excited but he seemed a little disappointed. Then he saw them...
 He screamed, "Mom, what are the storm troopers doing here??"
One happy boy!

The rest of the day was amazing. He took pictures with all of the characters, ate some yummy food and watched a great game. The kids also behaved so well that we were able to see Star Wars themed fireworks. It was SO awesome. The whole night he was hugging us, kissing us and telling us how this was the best day ever. I look back at that day and remember how truly happy all of us were. It was definitely one of those days that I will never forget because of the smile on Ty's face!
















No comments:

Post a Comment