So, I thought saying it in Spanish would make it sound less gross... but nope. A few weeks ago we found out Ty had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. Ty was about to go inside the pool and told me a bug bit him and he had a bump. So I go in the backyard and he had two pea sized blisters on his hand. I immediately thought it was weird and then I look at his hand and he has red bumps in between his fingers and toes. I make an appointment for the doctor hoping it was an irritation since he was in the pool for like 6 hrs straight the day before. I was a tad grossed out so Tyler took the day off so he could come with me to take him in. We go to the doctors and they said he has Hand, Foot and Mouth. She gives me a pamphlet telling me that he might get blisters in his mouth and they will probably get worse. I was so disgusted I moved away from Ty and was just mentally freaking out. For 1, bumps totally gross me out. Like I seriously can't handle bumps. Poop and vomit don't bug me AT ALL. But for some reason, I cannot handle blisters or bumps. And 2, they said it was highly contagious and I didn't want Gabriella to get it. I go home google pictures, which is probably the WORSE thing you can do because they show the nastiest and worse case scenarios of the disease.
We go to the store and buy a bunch of disinfectant spray. It lasted 4 days and then all of the blisters went away. Then 4 days later he got the weirdest rash which we found out was an irritation from his undies. :) Poor Ty was so sad that he couldn't touch or be near Gabriella. I probably overreacted but I didn't want her to get sick. The doctor said if she were to get it she could most likely get a fever. I was most worried about that because Ty had a febrile seizure when he was a baby and I couldn't go through that again. We also missed church because I have a big issue with sharing diseases and exposing others. Luckily, he is fine and now is immune to it. It was a hardest 4 days attempting to keep Ty from Gabriella so she wouldn't get it. After the blisters went away I sanitized each and every toy, bedding, stuffed animals he owned. I also sprayed door handles, chairs, lamps basically everything in our house.
Thank goodness it's over!
Thank goodness it's over!
No comments:
Post a Comment