Last Sunday, the Discovery channel was showing "Curiosity:Life Before Birth" and Ty came out and wanted to watch it. It wasn't graphic and showed how the baby develops during the whole process. It was incredibly fascinating. He loved watching how the tummy got bigger and the baby sleeping when inside the tummy.
Then they covered the delivery part. Ty was so intrigued and yet so confused. He kept asking why the baby was hurting the mommy and that he didn't want the baby hurting me. So Tyler and I explained in a 3 year old way how it hurts for only a short while and then the baby comes out and everything is fine. So before we put him back in bed he prayed that his little sister wouldn't hurt mommy too much. It was the sweetest little remark. Ty has been so compassionate during the pregnancy. When I am throwing up he rushes over to me and pats my back and tells me everything is going to be okay. Tyler likes to shield him and draw his attention elsewhere but Ty will say, "I need to see my sweetie heart."
I am just so in love with this little boy. He drives me insane but he has a heart full of gold :)
That is the sweetest thing ever! You sure are a lucky mama!
ReplyDelete