( http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/lds-women-are-incredible?lang=eng )
There was a line in it that I loved, which says, "No woman should ever feel the need to apologize or feel that her contribution is less significant because she is devoting her primary efforts to raising and nurturing children. Nothing could be more significant in our Father in Heaven’s plan." I loved this and was something I felt I needed to hear. It's interesting when I tell people I am a stay at home mom. The responses are usually mixed from, "That's awesome you can afford to do that" or "Don't you get bored? When do you plan on going back to work?" I always find myself justifying my reasoning for staying home. But for once, I don't feel ashamed and don't feel the need to justify our families choices. We have a supportive family and extended family, that are always able and willing to help us if we ever need babysitting so I can make extra money. I am very grateful for the life I have and the people that are in it.
In my new role as full time mama and wife, I have expanded my skill of cooking. When we first got married, I had a mediocre talent for cooking. I knew how to cook quesadillas, chicken tacos, enchiladas, and spaghetti. I'm sure I could cook other things but that was just the usual food I would cook. It is quite intimating cooking for the man whose mother is an excellent cook. My mother in law could make dog poo taste amazing. We would go there for dinner and he would just be so happy to get a good tasting meal (although he wouldn't rub it in my face) and always want to package leftovers. When I was in school, I would usually go from 5or 6 to about 9pm. I would have to drop Ty off at either my mom's or in law's and then drive 15 min away to school. Dinner was never really a priority. Now, that I have been home I have been really into cooking, looking at different recipes, trying new ingredients, and making sure it all tastes amazing.
These were my favorite recipes for the week. Tyler LOVED them :) I included the links so you could make them as well.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Pot-Pie-IX/Detail.aspx
Lemon Artichoke Chicken

http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com/2009/05/lemon-artichoke-chicken.html
Today was a fabulous Sunday and I truly am so happy with my life. I am so grateful to have a husband who values my role at home and understands the importance. Life is good and I couldn't be happier with the way things are going!
You're so cute Candace. Being a stay at home mom is the BEST job in the world. Off the subject, your mom is now my VT companion. Fun.
ReplyDelete