Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day

My handsome boy at church :)
Yum... Ty also painted my serving tray :)
My bracelet








I can't believe I didn't blog about Mother's Day! Mother's Day this year was terrific! One of the things that we have needed to adjust to since being married is how we handle certain things such as holidays. In my family, Mother's Day was always a HUGE day! When we were younger, my mom would take my sister and I to Mervyns and she would pick out like 3-4 pj's that she liked. My sister and I would then pick the one we liked best and buy them(with her card). Then we would go grocery shopping for all the yummy food she would want Sunday morning. I would make the food Sunday morning and we would serve her breakfast in bed. We would massage her, play with her hair, clean up the dishes, basically do WHATEVER she wanted. And it was always so much fun. Seriously! .




So naturally, I always imagined having a husband who understood this. In fact, until him I didn't realize people didn't make a huge deal about Mother's day. Our first Mother's Day, dare I mention, was a slight bummer. I can say that now, because he has improved drastically and it was so long ago. :)




This year, Tyler woke up early and started breakfast. I had potatoes, eggs, turkey sausage, turkey bacon, pancakes and my Mormon Mimosa (Sparkling Cider & Orange Juice). It was soo delicious! Yumm. I worked out for 2.5 hrs on Saturday so I felt like I was able to enjoy and not feel guilty about this yummy breakfast! I also received a super cute drawing from Ty and letter from the both of them. They also painted a really cute serving tray to serve my breakfast on. And to my surprise, I also received a beautiful bracelet that has a picture of Ty attached to it. I love love love it!




We were also able to visit our mom's and drop off sum yummy goodies. It was such a good day and Ty was so attentive to me. Tyler got him dressed for church and packed his church bag. Ty said Happy Mother's Day a million times and gave me lots of hugs and kisses.



I think it is so important for Mothers and Father to feel this importance. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our day to day routine that we forget to be thankful for the people who love and care about us so much. Tyler is always very good about letting me know how much he appreciates me on a daily basis, but getting out of dishes and cleaning was a wonderful gift!




I can't wait for Father's day because I love being able to pamper my wonderful husband :)



1 comment: