A couple days ago we decided we would try potty training. It has been something I have been somewhat dreading because I was not ready for the accidents, every half hour putting him on the potty, and putting myself on house arrest. However, I don't have class on Monday because of Labor Day and thought Thursday- Wednesday would be a good time to introduce it and not have to leave the house.
I started Thursday morning by putting him in his big boy underwear and putting him on the toilet every 40 minutes. We would set a alarm and he would listen to it and when it hit 40 minutes it would start buzzing and he would know when to go. The very first time I put him on there he peed! I was soo excited! We went to the store to get him his prizes for each time he went potty. We bought a bag of candy, hot wheels cars, stickers and books. Each time he goes potty he gets to pick something out that the "Potty Fairy" brings him. We came home, put everything together and put him back on the toilet. No luck. He boycotted for about 2 hrs. After, I knew it was coming. I went outside to grab something out of the car and as soon as I did that he ran outside and said "mom pee" and he was peeing! We changed underwear and continued on. He had one more accident but that was it for the day! Before bed time he told me he had to pee and he actually did! He loves the potty and loves loves loves wearing his big boy underwear.
When Daddy got home from fishing we went to target to have Daddy pick out some new underwear and his new potty seats. The potty seats seem to work a lot better because it has handles which was something Ty was struggling with.
So far: Day 1 was awesome! A lot better than I anticipated however, it is a lot of work!! Hopefully tomorrow is just as awesome!
Awww! Love the potty fairy idea lol
ReplyDelete