Thursday, February 17, 2011

Apparently, I am the most productive when sick :)

First off, I absolutely hate being sick. It has caused an EXTREME damper on my exercise schedule as well as healthy eating. I am not hungry so I am not eating, which will be frustrating when I get my appetite back. I also haven't been to the gym for two days straight. I am trying to relax so I will be well for cycle tomorrow. Please pray for me! I have a goal and this sickness cannot get the best of me.


For those of you who are updated by our families blog I probably should discuss my new desire to lose weight. This has not been a relatively new goal-in fact, I have had this goal to lose the weight since Ty was born. Being the dreamer I am, I felt like once I popped out Ty everything would magically fall off. Well it didn't. I was exclusively breast feeding so I had heard that was awesome for losing weight. Apparently that alone and eating a massive amount of calories doesn't cause you to lose weight. Darn it. About a year or so after I had him I got really into it. I got so into it I was lost about 10 lbs in a month. I was very impressed with myself and then... the dreaded plateau. Yup, I plateaued and tried for two weeks to lose and I just stayed at the same weight. I was frustrated and stopped working out and eating well. Then six months later, I had the same goal. I was doing really well for about two months then my back started hurting. I had x rays, mri's done and I found out I had arthritis and a herniated discs in my lower back. I had epidural steroid injections and it has helped a lot. But since then, I have been freaked out about working out because I do not want to overdo it.

It's not like I don't want to lose weight. I do. Believe me, I do. It is a mixed emotion with not ever being 100% into it and being scared to injure myself. But, I decided to make a goal to lose about 8 inches by Ty's birthday party. I have about 2 1/2 months to go. Which hopefully I can do. I am following a strict and fun eating plan and working out at 24 fitness. So far I have lost 1.5 inches in my thigh, upper arm, waist, hips and 2 inches in my bust. Tyler is not too happy about the latter. I have been very determined and working out has been very fun. I take the classes 24 offers which is very good for me because I can't run on the treadmill so I am able to do a structured cardio.


So wish me luck. Thanks for everyone who is keeping me motivated on facebook. I really appreciate it and it helps me keep going when working out is the last thing I want to do.


On a happier note:

I have finished the guest list and menu for Ty's birthday party. I LOVE throwing his birthday parties. This is such a rush and so much fun. This is one of my favorite parts of being a mom. We have the theme picked out and we have already started shopping for decorations and planning activities. The best part is that it will be the first time a lot of our friends and families will see our house -- in person. We are very excited to show off our first home as well as show off our cute little boy! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your parties too. Since I have been out of the loop for the past 2 years. Cant wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know about your back problems? I had the same thing- herniated discs when Morgan was 1. I did the whole steroid injection thing a couple of times, but undid it all with aerobics- so be careful!! I ended up having to have back surgery and have had issues with exercise/ weight loss too ever since. Let's talk. :) We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete