Monday, January 3, 2011

2010

I loved 2010! I am surprised at how many people hated 2010 because even though we had our challenges we have a lot to be thankful for! First off, we were able to be sealed for eternity which was a great experience for our family. I am so proud of us and feel so thankful for that blessing. We also bought our first house. We had been house hunting since March and hadn't found anything we both had agreed on. There were houses I really liked but Tyler didn't like the backyard. We are so fortunate to have been able to find the house of our dreams. When we first started looking at houses we had a check list of things we wanted. It had included:

- Fireplace

-Granite counter tops

-Hardwood floors (absolutely no carpet)

- Big backyard

-Good school ( an 8 or higher on greatschools.org)

- 3 bedrooms

- Close to freeway

- Attached garage

-Roof needs to be semi new

and a few other things which I can't remember now.


Our house has ALL of them. Having a list that we stuck by was very hard to do. We found houses that were 800 sq ft bigger with no connected garage or backyard. In the end, we picked a house that was perfect for us.

Ty was also potty trained. It took him about a month to master it. Then... I slacked. I know I know. Mother of the year! I started school in August and in September we found our house and October we moved in. During that time it was so hectic and I was driving 20 min to drop him off at my mother in laws and he would pee in the car. So putting him in a pull up was just easier.

Big mistake.

Thankfully, after much prayer and late night talks (which Tyler enjoyed.. ha ha) I decided to delay schooling until further notice. It was very hard decision for me to delay completely but it is something I feel very strongly about. When I was in school I was studying late at night, no longer making Tyler lunches, I was getting frustrated with Ty so much, and basically feeling like I was failing my duties as a wife and mother. I would rather be the best mother and wife then a mediocre mother and wife with a degree.

This Christmas was also so fantastic and perfect. Our schedule for Christmas is usually hectic because we have Tyler's mom, Tyler's grandmas, Tyler's dad and my parents. However, we split it up and it worked out perfectly. My parents were totally accommodating and decided to celebrate the 26th so we weren't stressed and we were very grateful.

In December, we also had a wedding for my very good friend's Nicole & Richie. I was asked to be a bridesmaid and it was such a fun role. It was tons of fun planning and It is fun to have another married couple!


I am totally looking forward to 2011. We have Tyler's birthday coming up on the 15th, our 3rd anniversary, Ty's 3rd birthday, painting our house, finishing our garage and backyard, and enjoying being homeowners. We hope everyone has a fantastic year!

1 comment: