I have been looking forward to write this post since Tyler told me he was ready to be baptized. Tyler started taking the discussions a few months ago. It was something I was ready for but wanted to ensure he had a testimony and truly believed it. He had talked to me and told me it felt completely right. And he had prayed about it and knew it was true. I was blown away and so proud that he took the necessary steps. My husband comes from a very loving family, however he was very unsure about how they would feel about the situation. As soon as we let his family know everyone was very supportive. Although everyone may not completely understand this, they completely supported him.
On October 10th at the Danville Stake Center he was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He had his parents, step brothers and sisters, grandparents, uncle, nieces, and all of my family there to support him. We also had our old Bishop, Stake President and a bunch of people from our ward there to support him. He was very excited and felt the spirit so strong. After his baptism I asked him how he felt and he described it as a "huge weight off his back and felt light and happy." I am so proud to have a husband who loves his family as well as the gospel.
After his baptism, we had a dinner at our house with delicious Mexican Food! :) Thanks to everyone who brought food and supported my husband. I am truly so happy and so glad our family has come so far!!









yay! congratulations tyler! i wish we couldve gone, but we were babysitting my twin nieces...yeahhh lol...im soooo happy for you guys. just another step to eternity! love you girl
ReplyDeleteCongrats sweetie!!
ReplyDeleteBig T!! Congrats my man, very exciting day and know that you are completely clean, you have made your Father in Heaven very proud. The dynamic of your family tree has and will continue to change with the decisions you make as the patriarch of your family. Anything you need or want to talk about, the Walkers will always support, give love, and be there for you. Even if it means another long 12 hour drive to Cali. haha... Read Ether 12:27 one of my earliest and favorite scripture that has stuck with me. When I was scared or intimidated I read this, got on my knees and talked with our Heavenly Father. I wanted you to know that anything and nothing that you ever thought you may do is possible by the love, truth and guidance through the truest gospel restored by Joseph Smith. Geez I'm rambling sorry my man, miss all of you, we might just be back sometime soon!! T
ReplyDelete